Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Flower Of Time

        The Flower Of Time


                 I.
For the times I dreamt I was young
I was but an old man looking back
But then I realize that had dreamt
That I was still young and bright
I asked myself since life had begun
When did all this woe turn to black
When I dreamt I was happy with her
And I was two years older by right
I have not had a dream so vivid
Bright, lifelike and full of surprise
I was younger for sure I knew this
That all I ever wanted was her kiss
When she smiled my pulse would arise
I woke up and never been so livid
I wonder out loud if anyone would hear
That I lost my Love, I Lover her so dear


                 II.
Whenever I daydream about my marriage
I often ask myself what was my age
When I dreamt I dreamt as a youngling
Now I'm stuck here in a situation
For the times are yet near and close
For the dreamgirl to receive my Loving
Words of poems, prose and stageplays
A life of writing is what I have chose
For I am a man who looks at himself
And sees opportunity for great stories
Writing be a passion, my golden ticket
My life is rich with fame and desires
I want to show my talents and charms

                 III.
I know I must write for the woman whom
Watches over me from a far distance
And writes her own stories of this tale
For my letters I write with this plume
Write me a story and write me it soon
Words can be the simplest attraction
And nobody know how things will unveil
So people of earth, write us a tale
Maybe once upon a princess and time
I see a castle and write a rhyme
Maybe then you will now see
What I can do with simple rhymes
Creativity in you, set it free
Now go out and write a poem or two
And when you sad write about that too
Never give up on the language of art
You'll never lose if you play the part
And write a story or maybe a play
English will never die if we all,
          live this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment